Friday, February 1, 2008

OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD

I want to share a very personal experience with you my wonderful Fashionistas. Today something very upsetting happened to me. I tell you Fashionistas I was so furious that I could chew nails. I know some of you know that feeling...right. I know we all know the old adage "turn the other cheek." Well, in this case I was so angry that I was provoked to the point of revenge. I can tell you that it is not always easy to turn the other cheek. In this world where you try and try to get ahead and do right unto others it seems that sometimes no matter how hard you try terrible things still seem to happen to you. I wanted to share this with everyone in hopes that it would help someone. I know that I'm not the only one who faces challenges, valleys and many hills that I must climb.

I'm taught that the battle is not ours but it's the Lords and that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. I do not seek to sound preachy but instead want to shed some light on how when life's challenges seem as though they may get the best of us that God still has control. Even as I write this blog I encourage myself and hopefully encourage others. Keep on doing the right things, even when others seem to come against you. Give the fight over to the Lord. Therein lies my decision, I will not seek revenge. God has all power and will always have the last word. I know that He has not brought all of us this far, wherever you are, to leave you.

There is a purpose for us all. We must seek to discover what that true purpose is. Anger and hurt will pass away just as the material things of this world, but the things that are of God will last forever. Oh my goodness how He loves us. Even when it feels as though we are all alone, we are not. He knows the number of hairs on our head...yes, including the ones we have either sewed or glued in. Now tell me, if He knows this insignificant piece of information about us, what manner of goodness will he hold from us?

We should not let someone anger us unto wrath or vengeance. Vengeance is not of God and it will only make things worse. Retaliation does not ease the hurt or the anger. But it does however; cause us to stoop lower than the standard that God has set for us. So what exactly am I saying to you all...I'm saying that we all go through trials and tribulations. There is no shame in that. These things are a part of life. However, we are responsible for how we react to these things. Do we allow obstacles and challenges to rob us of our joy or do we give it over to God and keep moving. This is what Joy is...it's the ability to keep your head and heart stayed on Jesus and the calling for our lives even in the midst of adversity.

It's very easy to tell someone to stay strong when they are the ones going through something. It's not so hard when the shoe is on the other foot. Can you roll with the punches and keep going when your anger tells you to smite back? Can you let it roll off and allow God to take care of it for you? When you give it to God you can't take it back from him.

I know everyone is wondering......well, did I seek revenge. And the answer is NO....I decided to write and share with my fellow Fashionistas. I would not have wanted to do something which would block my blessings. When bad things happen to you instead of thinking that it’s the end of the world, see them as minor bumps in the road. Be determined to see what’s on the other side of the bump. Give the issue over to God and don't harp on it. Don't allow the anger and resentment to take root in your heart. Take my word for it..it's hard to dig that mess up once it's gotten a stronghold. Life is too short, know that God is on your side and He knows what's best for you. We have to remind ourselves of this daily. Sometimes when things happen they just don't make sense to us. We must know that God has a plan for us. He's working it out for our good.



We are created in his image. We are BETTER than anger and wrath. Let go and Let God.

I feel so much better now that I have gotten that off my mind. Thanks for the free therapy session Fashionistas. This year will be bigger and better, stay tuned for announcements of up coming events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fashionistas, here is what Paul writes to the Churches of Christ in Rome regarding this issue:

Romans 12:17-21:

17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
20 Therefore
“ If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Fashionistas, forgive those who wrong you and rejoice in knowing that Jesus will heap coals on their heads for it!

REGISTER NOW FOR MODELING 101- ONLY $99.00...Registering Now