Monday, August 10, 2009

Have You Updated Your Look Lately?


Have You Updated Your Look Lately?

Are you someone who has sported the same hairstyle since high school or for over 5 years? Are you afraid to drastically change your look for fear of not being socially accepted? Afraid of the how the people in your workplace or your boss will look at you when they see the new you? Many of us are afraid of changing our look for one reason or another. The thing that holds us back from making even subtle changes is fear. Fear can keep you in bondage and inhibit you from growing and experiencing all that life has to over.

Whether we admit it or not, the opinions of our family, spouse and/or coworkers really does affect us? Little do you know, they will be more accepting of your change than you think. And more importantly, if they are your real friends they will embrace your change. There is nothing worse than someone who ceases to want to associate with you because they liked you back the way you used to look. Have you ever cut your hair and when you cross paths with an old friend they somehow manage to interject in the conversation how they liked your hair better the other way. Has that ever happened to any of you? Happens to me a lot. They feel the need to tell you what they used to like about you as if you can't possibly be someone who can grow, evolve and change. What we used to do in our twenties we no longer do in our 30's and so forth. Foolish is the person who wants us to believe that if we change our hair, clothing, etc. that we are no longer the beautiful person we have always been inside. Growing and evolving allows us to discover ourselves...the way God wants us to. I know more about myself now than I knew 10 years ago. I love myself more than I did 10 years ago. With each year of change comes more self acceptance, more confidence, more self love and thus we are able to love others that much more.

As we see entertainers grow and change before our eyes, we too should enjoy that very same freedom to change our look. Do not be afraid to try something different. Maybe step out of your comfort zone and try something you have always wanted to try. You never know who you will inspire when you decide to step out of your box. Get rid of that stinking thinking that entertainers are the only people who can change their look or try more edgy styles. They are just people who happen to have a job where everyone sees their life play out in the open. They are forced to live their lives in front of everyone. I can not tell you how many times I have heard people say "they can get away with a certain simply because they are in the public". You too can get away with sporting a new style as well. You be a trendsetter!



Solange Knowles debuts her new look in Japan.
The cut really shows off her features beautifully.

If you are someone who has always wanted to color your hair, experiment with hair colors rinses instead of permanent hair color. That way you aren't stuck with a hair color that doesn't agree with your skin color or a color that you just don't like. Hair rinses wash out in about 4-6 weeks. Another thing about a hair rinse is that it isn't chemically based, so there is no waiting period before you can reapply the coloring.

Halle Berry was recently spotted by TMZ rocking this short do. I personally thought she was her most fabulous self when rocking the short look.


R&B heartthrob Maxwell looks drastically different than he did 8 years ago when he released his last album, the platinum Now

This past March I celebrated my birthday and I decided that it was high time for me to change my look. Time for me to issue out the old and usher in the new and improved me. Don't get me wrong...I am not saying that there was anything wrong with the old me. But just like everything else in life, we grow, we change and we evolve. I decided to turn the Diva up a notch, release the inner creativity and allow the fun within me to overflow and low and behold out came this awesome women who continues to love God, love life and love His people.

Changing your look can build your self confidence, take years off your look and give you an edge that you never considered.

Turn Up The Volume On Your Fantabulousness!

No comments:

REGISTER NOW FOR MODELING 101- ONLY $99.00...Registering Now