Sunday, March 2, 2008

THE ART OF FASHION


"THE BIRTHDAY GIRL'S DAY OF FASHION AND ART"

Can you imagine drowning in a sea of beautiful organza, taffeta, fine silks, as well as, a multitude of colors, textures and patterns. That is exactly what I did on my Divalicious Birthday...I drowned in oodles and oodles of lovely evening gowns and flouncy dresses by providing my Image Management assistance to the Ivy Educational & Charitable Foundation (IEACF) of Houston's 27th Annual Scholarship Fashion Show. The purpose of the (IEACF) is to raise and distribute funds for charitable, educational and scientific projects, and to provide financial assistance to deserving high school seniors and college students so that they may achieve career objectives. The Luncheon & Fashion Show has made a big impact in the lives of many individuals in the community.

The show was held at the beautiful
Hilton Americas Hotel in downtown Houston. As I weaved through the maze of beautiful dresses and evening gowns, I remember thinking to myself, "Oh what a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday...Happy Birthday To Me."

There were many notable individuals, vendors and socialites in attendance...far too many to name them all. There was one person in particular that I do want to highlight and that's the legendary
Prima Ballerina Lauren Anderson. Lauren Anderson is the first African American principle ballerina. I don't have to tell you all how honored I was to meet this beautiful trailblazer.

Houston has some wonderful specialty boutiques.....Some of the vendors who provided their clothing were
Melodrama Boutique, High Society Boutique, Holy Ghost Girls Boutique, Langford Market & Custom Men's Clothiers. If you have the opportunity I would admonish you to visit their shops. You will not be disappointed.

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Barry Barnes of
Great Day Houston for making this opportunity possible. All in all, it was a Fantabulous event filled with beauty. What a way for a FASHIONISTA to spend a birthday. Happy Birthday To Me....

No comments:

REGISTER NOW FOR MODELING 101- ONLY $99.00...Registering Now